Welcome to the HUT (House Under Truth) Challenge

2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Psalms 27-29

Psalm 27

As I read this today I was struck by verses 4-6.

One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek:

That I may dwell in the house of the LORD
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the LORD,
And to inquire in His temple.
5 For in the time of trouble
He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle
He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock.
6 And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me;
Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD.

I have no idea what other commentators say about these verses but this is what they said to me this morning: For us, those who claim Jesus, the house of the Lord is our Bible. His Word in His house,our Temple. The Word(Holy Spirit) is already in us. When we open its pages, and study it, that is the key to unlocking it's power. It unleashes its power into our hearts enabling us to apply it to our life and the lives of others. When I dwell in His house(His Word) every day I see His beauty as I study His Word. When trouble comes, I need not fear my enemies for I have His Word with me. It hides(protects) me. He sets me on a high rock where I can witness to my enemies. I'm filled with joy. I have a song in my heart and sometimes I just have to let it out. Yes, I sing praises to the Lord.

I pray that we all fall in love with His Word. The only way to do that is to read it every day. Reading it is the match that starts the fire. Eventually the heats builds up to boiling and the desire to share it will become so great that we have no choice. So read every day and share at least once a week or you're going to boil over and make a mess. AND...I want to hear what God is saying to you. I love hearing His word from all ages, experiences, and points along our walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment