Welcome to the HUT (House Under Truth) Challenge

2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

February 2, 2012 Job 9-10

As I sit here reading the woes of Job from the comfort of my ivory tower, I do not know the pain or suffering Job endured... I felt I had to make that disclaimer.
9- It amazes me how God is about the details... He recorded here for us a conversation between these men that is very elaborate with picture words that describe God's character.
9:2 ... But how can a mortal be righteous before God? Case and point!
10- My foot note stated that Job was starting to wallow in self-pity... "our pain lures us toward feeling sorry for ourselves, at this point we are only one step from self-righteousness" OUCH! This is where we keep track of how unfair that our situation is and what has happened us. We take our eyes off of God and focus on the circumstance we find ourselves in. I need to look and see what I can learn from situation and how it can be used in my life and how it will grow me. God IS God, I am not.

1 comment:

  1. Good point about circumstances. It's the flaw I see most often in others and myself. We take our focus off of God and fall into the "poor me" syndrome.

    ReplyDelete