Welcome to the HUT (House Under Truth) Challenge

2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Genesis 28-31

Knowing the whole story helps me to understand more and more that God's ways are not my ways and that I need to be faithful as Jacob was.  Really? 7 years to wait for his wife, then to get tricked and wait another 7 years?  Let alone the time tending sheep, working for his father in law who continues to cheat.  God spoke to Jacob and Jacob knew that God had been with him.  If it had happened any other way, the rest of the story would have been different.   We are not in charge but we can delay God's blessings and even forgo them should we choose.  God's purpose will be done.  I am trying to learn patience, perseverance, forgiveness, and faithfulness.  These chapters help.  I will continue to listen for God's voice and in the mean time I will continue to tend His sheep until He diverts me to another of His tasks.  I am just a sojourner on my way home and will gather my spotted and striped sheep as God gives them.  Love this stuff.   Just returned from a blessing with the grandkids and the celebration of 28yrs with Jessica.  Just a taste of the blessings from our Lord.  

1 comment:

  1. Sojourner on the way home. I like that. :)

    ReplyDelete