Welcome to the HUT (House Under Truth) Challenge

2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Genesis 1-3

Always love reading Genesis. I feel the majesty and power of God as He creates. It feels like I'm there and I'm forming this picture in my head. But as is usually the case when we see God at work it's impossible to fathom what must have been going on. For instance when I read in Chapter One on Day 1...He created light and called it day I was thinking our sun had just been created. Later I find out He did that on the fourth day so what light was created on the first day.

Then we get to Eve in the garden. It appears that it was so easy for her, then Adam, to disobey God. I think we're the same way. We so casually sin sometimes, like it's no big deal. We elevate ourselves above God. We put self before God and then try blame God or someone else. Eve made me do it, the serpent made me do it etc.

Finally, it shows me a just God, a merciful God, a loving God. He knew we were going to sin and He made us all anyway and gave us a way out. The gospel message is already showing up in Chapter 3.

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment