Welcome to the HUT (House Under Truth) Challenge

2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.

Friday, January 6, 2012

What I Learned About Pride (Isaiah) - Abbie

So I haven't posted yet because I've been catching up on reading, and I figured I'd just jump in now rather than trying to catch up on posting :) I've really enjoyed reading all the stuff you guys are sharing!

Today I read the first 5 chapters of Isaiah and I was absolutely convicted of this one pesky little sin in my life...

Pride.

Know what sucks about pride? If I'm going along my merry little way, thinking I'm not prideful, I look at someone who is and then I actually start feeling really proud that I'm not prideful like they are.

Really?!

That's because it's not at all about "not being prideful" - it's much more than that. It's about making much of the name of Jesus. It's about realizing that I have nothing to be proud of - nothing except my Savior.

"The proud look of man will be abased and the loftiness of man will be humbled, and the Lord alone will be exalted in that day." 
- Isaiah 2:11


1 comment:

  1. Humble is a much sweeter word than pride. Go ahead. Say it. Huuuummmbbblllle. Just sounds good.

    ReplyDelete