Welcome to the HUT (House Under Truth) Challenge

2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Job 7 - 8 Questions

I read today's text with new(for me) questions. When this was happening what was Job's and his friends relationship with God? There had been no Patriarchs or prophets yet. They talk about God as if they had been schooled or given some divine revelation about Him. Did they have some kind of contact with God previously? There was no Bible yet. Were they venturing some sort of educated guess? Did they know about or have a concept of Satan? I look at what we have now as far as our knowledge of God and feel so blessed. But what did they have and how did they get it. My "guess" is; all they had was word of mouth and maybe some form of written witness. I will not be able to rest until I do some research to see if I can get some answers to these questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment