Welcome to the HUT (House Under Truth) Challenge

2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Psalm 8: I am not the point.

I am not the point.

I was reading Psalms this morning, because I fell asleep reading last night =D

And everything  I read is saying to me I. Am. Not. The. Point. At first, we hate to hear that. What?! You mean I'm NOT the center of the universe?! But... but...!

But then, I realize that not being the point frees me. If I am not the point, it frees me to be a servant. It frees me to lift others up, to encourage. It makes me much harder to offend. In the end, it makes me a better human being (which isn't the main goal, but it's all part of God's rather spectacular plan.)

It frees me to make much of the Name of Jesus, and realize that my name is just one in a billion, passing away like mist. But my life can count for one thing - His glory.

By being everything, He has freed me to be nothing.

How beautiful is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment