Welcome to the HUT (House Under Truth) Challenge

2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Genesis 4-7 -Heather and Jared

Okay, so first I would like to say I love the story of Noah. But first Genesis 4 is mostly about Adam and Eve and the family history of the first family, and Genesis 5 is mostly about how long people lived in the beginning times. BUT, for the longest time I had wondered why people back then lived so long and why people don't now. About three or four years ago a friend pointed this scripture out to me that answered my question fully, and reading it again tonight just reminded me of how amazing it is. Genesis 6:3 The Lord said, "My Spirit will not remain in human beings forever, because they are flesh. They will only live 120 years." This just truly amazes me. I don't know why, it just does.
Now the story of Noah has always been a favorite story of mine because God is so precise about what he wants in the ark and Noah abides every single command. How many people on earth today would do that? Can you imagine what all these people around him thought? I'm sure he was ridiculed and God says to count it all blessing when that happens but it took Noah YEARS to build this ark not to mention that nobody on earth had ever seen rain until the flood so I'm sure everybody in town really ridiculed him about how crazy they probably thought he was and he obeyed God the whole way through. That shows strong faith! We all say we would do just as Noah did if faced with a situation like he was but would we really?
-Heather and Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment